Photios G. Ioannou, Ph.D., P.E., Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Michigan has been recognized with the 2009 Peurifoy Construction Research Award, the highest honor in Construction Engineering and Management bestowed by the American Society of Civil Engineers. The award citation reads: "For his research and development contributions which have advanced and defined the state of the art in construction engineering and management technologies, principles, and practices particularly in the areas of tunneling, bidding theories, innovative project delivery systems and construction simulation."
In conjunction with this award, Professor Ioannou also delivered the "Peurifoy Construction Advancement Address" at the 2010 Construction Research Congress held on May 8-11, 2010, in Banff, Alberta, Canada.
The following are news articles about Photios G. Ioannou on the occasion of this honor.
- ASCE Complete Award Citation - November 2009 - 2009 Awards press release
- ASCE News - November 2009 - Newspaper announcement of 2009 Awards
- CEE U-M - June 24, 2009 - Award announcement and invitation
- Phileleftheros - January 15, 2010 - pp.19. Newspaper article in Greek.
- Enosis - December 13, 2009 - pp.21. Newspaper article in Greek.
- Simerini - January 7, 2010 - Newspaper article in Greek.
Photios G. Ioannou, Ph.D., P.E., Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering was honored by the University of Michigan with the 2003 Faculty Recognition Award, "for substantive contributions to the University through significant achievements in research and scholarly activities, excellence in teaching, advising and mentoring, and service activities."
- University Record - October 1, 2002, Complete 2003 Faculty Recognition Award Citation
A complete list of Honors and Awards appears in the Curriculum Vitae.